JOE'S BACK! The new Joe Portugal mystery, Bad Developments, is appearing as a serial on FourStory, the affordable housing advocacy website I edit (and which previously published The Underbelly by Gary Phillips. Read the first installment.
• I pick who should play Joe, Gina, and the rest of the gang
on My Book, The Movie.
• My story "Bad for His Image" (read an excerpt) and its accompanying song "Be My Poodle" (listen to a sample) appear in A Merry Band of Murderers, a book/CD package recently published by Poisoned Pen Press. Editors are Claudia Bishop and Don Bruns. Plus: photos of the Merry Band at Bouchercon 2006 and from the Merry Band gig at the Mystery Bookstore. And: info on the audiobook.
• Walpow & Gorbachev ... I meet the man who really ended the Cold War.
• Landmarked for Murder, the Sisters in Crime/Los Angeles short story anthology I co-edited with Harley Jane Kozak and Michael Mallory, also appears this year.
• I wax eloquent about the portrayal of Los Angeles homes and gardens in crime fiction.
• Joe Portugal book four, The Manipulated, is on bookstore shelves now. Read Chapter 1.
"A moving, fulfilling read."
Mystery Scene Magazine
"Instantly absorbs the reader."
Crime Spree Magazine
"Nathan Walpow is the real thing."
Mystery News Magazine
• Walpow gets musical ... the Palers' Band performs at B.B. King's.
• Read my author interview at Books'n'Bytes.
• Previous Joe Portugal mysteries include One Last Hit, Death of an Orchid Lover, and The Cactus Club Killings. Learn about them here.
• "Push Comes to Shove" is in The Best American Mystery Stories 2001, edited by Lawrence Block. All my other published short stories are available online.
• Teeming millions want to know all about me. Here's my mildly exciting life story. And don't miss:
Appearance schedule San Jose Mercury News article Alaska Adventure after LCC11
The incredible Sledge Hammer! photo Mystery Jeopardy triumph at LCC10
Thanks to Lora Ruffner at Accent Design Studios for the ding.